Friday, October 12, 2007

I cannot believe over 365 days have passed with me having true hair freedom. Yes folks, I finally made it to my 1yr anniversary and I can't be happier. I must first thank the WONDERFUL Paulette (Detroit Consultant) who got me off to a wonderful start. For those of you who don't already know I drove from the Chi to the D faithfully for maintanence for 8 mos. I was just so afraid of letting someone else get into my head after Paulette had me off to such a wonderful start. My hair was doing fine and I was starting to feel comfortable with the idea of finding a consultant in Chi. Well, GOD must have been on my side because I was able to get in with the WONDERFUL Beverly Credelle. She picked up where Paulette left off and the rest is history. I'm telling you, I truly feel like I hit the jackpot with both of these ladies. Meaning, I didn't have to experience anything horrible with my consultant or worst of all being unhappy with my hair. Kudos to both. This 1yr Journeeey w sl's has had more up's than down. I can go on forever about the up's but write about one down (dandruff). I'm still learning how to control it but other than that oh and those permed ends (that were cut after 3mos) my journeeey has been peaceful. I really wished I had done this years ago. Ok, now to the photos.





What a difference a year makes. pic 2 left is 1st week & 2 the right 1yr.





3mos & 1yr!



8 mos & ...u guessed it, 1 yr. As u can see....my hair began to sprout between the 5th & 8th month.

I usually wore my hair freestyle most of the time. However, I did attempt at styling every now and then with a twist on the side or curls.




loving it nappy! Candace....1 yr & counting.




14 comments:

Goodnapps said...

Congratulations Candace! Your hair is looking awesome and you most certainly did hit the jackpot.

still waters said...

Lemme add my congratulations too your hair looks great and your growth is outstanding !!! just keep on doing what you doing cause its working!!!

one love still

BlessedGemLady said...

Congrats and Happy Nappiversary!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! You've had a tremendous amount of growth and your locks are beautiful!!!

I understand you on the dandruff issue as well and I'm still trying to figure it out myself. At the moment I spray my hair with ACV before washing and let it sit for 15-30 mins, I then rinse the ACV out and wash with one of my many dandruff/dry scalp controlling shampoos, let it sit for a while, then rewash and make sure I rinse my hair out for atleast 5 mins. My scalp is very dry so I use essential oils, with aloe vera and spring water as a spritz.

I've also become accustomed to rinsing every 3-4 days.

Sorry to ramble.. Congratulations again!!!!!

Ms Stella said...

Wow, what a transformation! It's also great to read such a positive post about your wonderful consultants. Your commitment to giving your locks the best start possible (traveling to Chicago)has really paid off.

WrinkleFreeDiva said...

Candace...WOW your hair has grown! You look so beautiful as does your hair. Congratulations on your one year anniversary. That is a milestone for sure!

Anonymous said...

Girl, your hair is so cute and my has it grown....Yes, you have found a wonderful consultant in Beverly, my consultant Arlanda and her a good friends and Arlanda is always giving her praise for her work and her wonderful spirit. Keep up the good work:)

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Congrats. What wonderful progress.

Maryee said...

Congrats Candace!!!!!

Naturally Sophia said...

Congratulations! You look fabulous.

Khandi said...

Congrats on your nappiversary!
Your locs look gr8

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

I know I;m late but Happy Lockversary! Your Sisterlocks look great. What a big differnece from day one until now. Congrats!

Aya said...

Congratulations on your one year locversary. My what a difference from the beginning. Your locks are lovely.

Journeii said...

your hair grew so much within a year. Your locks look beautiful and healthy. Congrats!!